Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Registration!

Hey guys, I hope you all had a wonderful, filling, and restful Thanksgiving Break. I want to apologize for the lack of an update last week. Those last few days were very hectic and I never found the time, and once I got home every minute was scheduled with something. The holidays are definitely busy!

Before the break, I went through what is considered by most to be a Transy "Rite of Passage" and that is Registration. At Transy, registration always goes from Seniors to Freshman and beyond that it goes by the alphabetically alternating each semester. This go around it went from Z-A so I was close to the end, and it definitely made things a bit complicated. I had experimented around with a bunch of different scheduling options. First I tried to put all my classes on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday then I tired to load them all into Tuesday and Thursday. Then I decided to put two in MWF and two in TTH-- and I stuck with that.

Once I made my final schedule I only had to make one major change. I was wanting to take Intro to Sociology, but both classes got filled up before my registration. It isn't really a big deal though, I can take it next semester! That is one of the good things about scheduling. Sometimes you are forced out of your comfort zones for classes, and it allows new discoveries to be made. I know an upperclassmen told me that she was put into a certain course just because it was one of the last available, and she loved it so much she has changed her major!

With registration and Thanksgiving Break over the countdown to the break begins. I finish up this week and next weeks of classes and then it is finals week, then I'm homebound for about four weeks! I love Transy, but I am definitely looking forward to the extended time home with family and friends.

Before I go I will paste my schedule for the rest of the year below. I am really looking forward to all of the classes. Most of all, however, I am looking forward to finishing the math class. Transy only has one math GE requirement so after it is over I can officially say that I will NEVER have to take another math class again!!


Winter Term 2010

Monday, Wednesday, Friday
DRA-1104-02 Introduction to Drama
J. Cole
11:30AM-12:20pm

Politics of the Middle East
Staff
1:30pm-2:20pm


Tuesday, Thursday
Foundations of Liberal Arts 2: Consumerism, Desire, and Identity
S. Fojtova
11:00am-12:15pm

Into to Contemporary Math
Staff
1:30pm-2:45pm


May Term 2010
Special Topic: Civil Liberties
D. Dugi
9:00am-11:00am


See you guys later!

Jake

No comments: