Sunday, October 3, 2010

Expanding my Transy Experience

Hey guys, I hope this week has treated you all well and that you're weekend has been fun and relaxing. Due to a minor injury (running related) I had to take the weekend off from work, so I got to enjoy myself much more than I would if I had to wake up at 4:30am to be into work by 5am to serve coffee.

My week started off pretty stressful, actually. The weight of all my classes, extracurriculars, work, and everything else really pressed hard on me. After a bit of re-prioritizing, though, everything started running pretty smoothly.

On Wednesday, I received a rather big surprise in the mail. I was accepted into the Walt Disney College Internship Program. The program is a 7-month long, off campus, experience that will, hopefully, give me great experience with one of the largest companies in the world. In addition to the internship, which is paid, you live in Disney World-- which you have to admit will be pretty awesome. When you're not working/interning, you take classes at the on site university. You also have unlimited, free access to all the parks!

Now, before I say for sure I'm going I have a few things I have to do. Obviously, this has to be approved by Transy. I've already been approved for 2 units of credit for the internship portion. Now, to remain full time, I just have to get the registrar to approve the courses onsite as distance learning courses through Transy. Transy has had students participate in this program before, so I don't really anticipate much hesitance. I'll keep you updated, though.

Now, I'll obviously be leaving campus for this, but I think I will be okay with it. A vast majority of students at Transy study abroad, so having a few friends being gone for a semester is somewhat normal at Transy.

Anyway, the excitement surrounding this acceptance has really been all I have been able to think about this week, so, naturally, that's all I can blog about. Maybe next week I'll have something a bit more Transy oriented for you!

Happy October!

Jake Hawkins

No comments: